Thursday, January 11, 2007

Schuh Shines again at Hereford

Schuh Shine came home in front for me again today in the handicap hurdle at Hereford. Value-hunters were able to back this horse at 13/8 earlier this morning on the exchanges, and his price contracted to a shade odds-on at the start. My other selection Hills Fort Timmy went off at 6/1 but found one horse too good.

One lay bet recommendation today. Classic Fiddle was making her debut over hurdles, and I am always keen to take on a newcomer when no-one knows exactly how a horse will take to jumping obstacles in public. I also knew that the trainer/jockey combination of Nicky Henderson and Mick Fitzgerald would help artificially depress the price. She started at 8/11F and although this time I got it wrong, you can always afford to lay bets at that price.

Come the end of the afternoon my account was down nearly 2.5 points.

No comments: