Tuesday, January 16, 2007

Tuesday racing summary

There was widespread poor value available about today's racing cards if you were thinking of backing horses, and none of my suggested bets reached the value prices I had recommended, so the account remained unchanged.

Poor value for backers can indicate good opportunities to lay horses, and so it was with a profitable day for my lay bets. I had two successful lay bets, and another worth a mention (Kitty Wong) that lost but at a price too high so it goes down as a 'no bet'. I wanted to be against Nemetan in the 2m handicap chase at Folkestone, chiefly because he was carrying 10lbs more than when he won in a lower class last time out. Despite this extra weight, and a step up in class, he was sent off the odds-on favourite, and I was happy to lay bets to lose 3 points. Being priced odds-on meant I stood to win more than I was risking should the horse lose, so it was a shrewd bet. The horse finished third some 22 lengths behind the winner.

More than 4 points profit to add to the account.

No comments: