Wednesday, January 10, 2007

Rapid City not quite rapid enough at Lingfield

Only one of my back-to-win selections was available at (or above) my suggested value prices today, and subsequently I only backed Fateful Attraction at Lingfield. Although prominent early on, he weakened in the last furlong and tailed off.

Similarly just the one lay bet today, although with a far more profitable return. Rapid City was stepping up in class to contest the class 4 handicap at the end of the afternoon at Lingfield. Not only was he carrying an extra 9lbs for his latest win, but also a conditional jockey. I would have been happy to lay bets against this horse winning at 2/1 or below but we were treated to a ridiculously short price of 11/10

The inexperience of the jockey showed as he found himself looking for racing room during the race. He just failed to get up on the line. Some would say he was unlucky not to win. I say that is the risk you take when you back this type of horse at such a skinny price, and I would lay bets against him all day. 3 points profit for the account.

No comments: