Monday, January 22, 2007

Monday racing summary

None of the back-to-win selections reached a good enough price to make them worth backing today, so they all go down as 'no bets' and the account remains unchanged.

I recommended two horses you might oppose, because I felt their price would be too short compared to their actual chance of winning. Laying bets in these circumstances is how you make a long-term profit from laying horses to lose, just like bookmakers have for generations. Tilapia was running in the 7f handicap at Wolverhampton. I wanted to bet against him because he was stepping up in class and also carrying an extra 10lbs for his latest win. Added to this he had no winning form at Wolverhampton which has a different surface to Lingfield, the scene of his only win to date. I recommended a fair size six-point bet and despite being sent off the warm 13/8 favourite, he finished in last place. My other lay bet won at 11/4 so I made a little over 3 points profit today.

No comments: