Wednesday, January 24, 2007

Wednesday racing summary

It seemed their may be plenty of back-to-win opportunities today, with some competitive racing on the cards. As it turned out, only two of my recommendations reached my value prices. Il'Athou was unplaced at 7/1 but Parkinson came home in front at a price of 11/4 with plenty of 3/1 available on Betfair. 2 points profit for the account.

I proposed one horse to oppose: Theatre Knight was contesting the handicap chase at Catterick, but had no winning handicap form at this level. He was also 7lbs higher than his winning mark, so to win today would have required a career-best performance. I was happy to lay bets and he finished 5th, more than 40 lengths behind the winner, and giving me 3 points profit.

The account moved forward by 5 points today.

No comments: