Saturday, June 09, 2007

King Of Argos shows he has a lot in store

Three losing win bets this afternoon, but I clawed most of these losses back when my last selection Seeking Star got his nose in front at Windsor. You could get 2/1 on Betfair during the afternoon, but he was eventually backed right down to 11/10 at the start.

My lay bet of the day was King Of Argos in the class 2 handicap at Goodwood. He had stepped up to class 2 from class 4 on his previous outing and finished a dismal 31 lengths behind the winner. Running off the same Official Rating today he would have to show a marked improvement to win. I laid him at 3/1 and he went off the 5/2F You could argue that having the magic Mr Dettori on board made all the difference - I just know he cost me 3 points profit when he won by a short head.

Overall a 4 point loss on the account.

No comments: