Monday, June 11, 2007

Monte is a Major success

I achieved almost 10 points profit today, with two winners from three selections on the Win bets account. First Monte Major scored at Wolverhampton and just a quarter-hour later Its The Limit came home in front at Newton Abbott.

I managed a small profit from three lay bets today. I suspected Classi Maureen would win her hurdles race at Newton Abbott if her chase form was anything to go by. However, there remained a couple of doubts in my mind - largely whether she could shoulder this weight in this company. It would be a lifetime best hurdles performance if she were to win, however, if she continued with her current rate of improvement, she would have the beating of her rivals. But I still thought that even money was too short a price and was actually a value bet to lay. She proved me wrong and took me for just over a point profit as I laid her at 11/10 My two other successful lay bets, including Bookieindexboy for 2 points, ensured I made back this loss, with a little on top to boot.

No comments: