Tuesday, June 26, 2007

Tuesday racing summary

Opportunities were scarcer than hens' teeth today. I only put up three potential bets. Both my proposed win bets came up short on price, and so go down as 'no bets'.

Which left my lay bet on Louviere at Newbury. The filly was running in a maiden, having a single race under her belt already. Today was over a longer trip, and on soft ground compared to good-to-firm first time out. With these two unponderables I was prepared to lay her for 2 points if I could get matched at 10/3 or lower. With a subsequent non-runner reducing the field to just six runners, I must admit to feeling a little anxious. But again I proved that by having the odds in your favour you will come out in front more often than going behind, and Louviere went down by a neck. A neck was enough however, to give me 2 points profit.

No comments: