Sunday, June 10, 2007

Sunday racing summary and weekly results

I suffered a small loss to the Lay Bets account today, but the Win Bets ensured I came home with more money in my pocket than I set out with. I had three win bets, and the one winner in Tender The Great at Bath. This horse was backed right into 4/1 at the off, but you could have mopped up plenty of better prices up to 7/1 on the exchanges.

One of my two lay bets was Private Peachey contesting a low grade handicap at Bath. His one and only prior win was at this level, but today he was running with an extra 11lbs on his back, so I felt it would be a big ask for him to win. He justified the 6/4F price, won the race, and proved me wrong on this occasion. I retrieved a point when Missgoodytwoshoes lost at Perth, but I was still a little behind on the day.

Over 4 points profit made today all told.

An average week for the Win account with a fraction over 6 points profit, but a loss of nearly 3 points for the Lay account. Bets against favourites have been thin on the ground and I only went ahead with four bets over the course of seven days. To my displeasure two of these won their races, and hence the poor results.

Profit for the week - Win Bets: 6pts; Lay Bets: 3pts loss

No comments: