Friday, June 01, 2007

Friday racing summary

Summer is here officially, but another really gloomy day in the Redd household. Another five losing bets, and it would seem that a horse having my name on it is like a 'kiss of death' at the moment.

I'm really looking forward to tomorrow and the Derby. One of my sporting heroes Frankie Dettori takes the mount on Authorized and is favourite to win the only Classic that has so far eluded him. I don't think he will be worth backing, because he will doubtless be the big punters favourite, with everybody piling on and depressing the price. I would not at all be surprised if he goes off at a price odds-on - it would be a silly price, but hopefully the horse will not be aware that many hopes are pinned on him. One thing's for sure, I will not be tipping him to win. With my luck at the moment, I would not want to be in any way held responsible for a fifteenth unsuccessful attempt by Frankie.

God's speed Gianfranco!

No comments: