Wednesday, June 13, 2007

Rivals in Trivia pursuit

A very productive day which returned 17 points profit. I put up ten potential selections to win, but following two losers and several 'no bets' I had to wait until my final two selections to see returns. First Trivia won with a starting price of 15/8 before Don Pasquale scored at 8/1 with plenty of value to be found on the exchanges with prices up to 12/1

Both my lay bets lost, including Lady Gloria who I took for 4 points. Double Bill was the morning favourite for the 6f handicap at Kempton. The colt was competing in handicap company for the first time, and giving weight to all his rivals bar one. Having won his maiden a month ago, he was now stepping up in class. I grabbed some of the earlier prices around 7/4 before the money came for Royal Rock and the market lost confidence in our selection. He finished fourth and I collected an extra 2 points profit, and 6 points in all on the Lay Bets account.

No comments: