Saturday, June 16, 2007

Saturday racing summary

A point lost to the win bets, but a good day for my lay bets. I put up four selections to win, but only scored one winner in Black Rock. The market had two horses against the field, but had Spring City as the 4/6 odds-on favourite. Black Rock was to me the obvious value in the race, as I felt they had an equal chance of winning. Prices up to 2/1 have been available from this morning onwards on the exchanges.

Two from two with my lay bets. First up, Partners In Jazz was running in a class 2 handicap at Sandown. He has won recently at this level, but has since struggled with the 5lb pull given by the handicapper. Still on this mark of 99 and with the stiff uphill finish at Sandown to cope with, I didn't think today would see him returning to the winners enclosure, and I layed him for four points. I followed up with a bet against Kingscape, who duly lost at Leicester this evening for an extra point profit.

So at the end of a showery Saturday, the account had moved forward to the tune of 4 points.

No comments: