Sunday, June 03, 2007

Sunday racing summary and weekly results

After yesterday's profit bonanza this week fizzled out with a couple of losing win bets, and a further small loss to the lay bet account.

My first lay bet of the day was Country Affair in the novice hurdle at Herefor. He was still a maiden after 7 runs, and only one race under this code. In his first attempt over hurdles he raced in similar company to today's race, and over the same distance, and he finished third. I had no reason to believe today was going to herald his first ever win in any race. His price I suspect was over-bet with the booking of Tony McCoy as jockey, so he was a good value bet to lay, and again he finished third. I had two further successful lay bets, but still ended up behind as I hit upon Takitwo at Brighton for 2 points. His win at a little over 2/1 cost me more than 4 points.

Overall a loss of a fraction over 3.5 points to the account.

The past week has been truly under par, with a distinct lack of successful bets. Having said that I did manage to keep the account on an even keel courtesy of Commemoration Day at 16/1

But this is not how I like to produce my profits. I much prefer a steady stream of well-priced winners giving a consistent return. These are what I shall be looking to unearth this coming week.

Profit for the week - Win Bets: 1pt, Lay Bets: 0.5pts

No comments: