Saturday, February 03, 2007

Climb every Mountain

Unfortunately none of my back-to-win selections reached their value price, so I didn't have any bets today. For those of you following my Win Bets only, this may have been a frustrating day without any 'action'. But it is easier on the pocket in the long run to remain disciplined, and risk your money only with the promise of a good return.

There was no movement either on the lay bet account, come the end of the afternoon. Mountain has some top class flat form, but today at Sandown he was jumping obstacles in public for the first time. I generally like to take horses on in this situation, hoping they will not settle into the new discipline, and at 5/6 odds-on I was only risking a single point on Mountain. Although he won, it was only by a length, and not the impressive win you might expect from a horse officially rated 35lbs better than his nearest rival. I re-couped the loss by getting Coat Of Honour beaten at Wetherby.

Despite the potential action today, at the end of play the account remains as it did this morning.

No comments: