Wednesday, February 28, 2007

Wednesday racing summary

After something of a struggle on my part, my daily message finally got through, and I was recommending three horses to back, and one to oppose, all at Folkestone. Femme D'Avril was a non-runner, the 25's I was hoping for about Alfa Sunrise had evaporated along with the early morning frost here in Tring (shame, because the horse won!), and Brilliant wasn't (brilliant). One point lost.

I got this point back though by opposing Pardon What in the 2m 6f handicap hurdle at the Kent track. He hadn't won a race since November 2005, off a lower mark than today, and I saw no reason to believe that this was to be the day when it all came good. He was sent off the 9/4 favourite and never looked like he would take the spoils.

A zero net gain on the account, and so a quiet end to the month.

No comments: