Tuesday, February 20, 2007

Five Go Mad In Taunton

Well, four in Taunton and one in Sedgefield to be precise. Rocky's Girl made it five winners from six today, and more than 19 points profit from backing horses to win. I've had many messages of congratulations, and thank you to everyone who has taken the trouble to drop me a line. Let's enjoy today, but not get carried away. "One swallow does not a summer make..." and all that. From experience I can tell you that fortune has a nasty habit of turning around a biting you in the bum every so often. So let's put our winnings in the bank, and I promise I will try to maintain my form.

My lay bet was Gunship in the handicap chase, again at Taunton. He had only won once in his eleven starts, and that was on his last outing in a class 5 event. Today he was stepping up in class, and carrying an extra 11lbs for his previous win. This I felt would be a serious burden in today's stamina-sapping ground. He was in pole position when entering the home straight, but I think his legs were weary when he unseated Richard Johnson, and I'm not sure he wouldn't have been passed before the line anyway. This successful bet netted me an extra 2 points profit, and so far this month I have successfully opposed 15 from 17 race favourites (or at least morning favourites).

In total, a fraction over 21 points profit for the day.

No comments: