Thursday, February 22, 2007

Off his Rocker

I suffered a small loss on the win bet account today. Three bets qualified as final selections, but two of them lost. I managed to get a good deal of this back with Chief Yeoman at Huntingdon. There was plenty of 13/8 available during the course of the morning, although he was eventually backed in to 6/5F at the start.

Another successful lay bet, and today I was against Little Rocker in the handicap hurdle at Haydock. This was his handicap debut, and I'm always cautious with horses with scant form to speak of, being thrown in towards the top of the weights. To date he had only one win to his name. I suggested a 2 point bet, and he was pulled up without ever travelling fluently, the 9/4 favourite.

A profit of just over a point overall.

No comments: