Monday, February 19, 2007

Week-end racing summary and weekly results

Apologies for posting the week-end action a bit late. I took the family up to Cheshire to visit friends, took in a day at the racing at Haydock on Saturday, and we didn't get back to Tring until yesterday evening.

I returned over 5 points profit from my win bets on Saturday - but it could have been a whole lot better! I tipped up L'Aventure in the Red Square Vodka Gold Cup Chase at Haydock, and into the last furlong she was coming home with a 'wet sail'! If you were watching I'm sure you thought she was going to win. I was doing my pieces at the track I can tell you! But she found one of the other mares, also carrying a light weight, just too good, just held off by a length at a price of 14/1. Never mind.

In the same race I was opposing the morning line favourite Kilbeggan Blade. He was coming off a hat-trick of wins culminating in a class 3 victory. However, today he was stepping up to class 1 and asked to carry yet more weight - this time another 12lbs. In the heavy going I felt this would be just too much, and indeed he didn't even finish. So I got back my stake on L'Aventure.

On Sunday I had the one bet on Radnor lad at Towcester, but he finished 3rd.

A most satisfying week for both accounts, after a very quiet start to the month, especially with my Win Bets. This week the back-to-win account moved forward by 11.5 points, and the lay bets returned almost 14 points profit:- 25 points profit overall.

Profit for the week :- Win Bets 11.5pts, Lay Bets 13.5pts

No comments: