Sunday, February 25, 2007

Sunday racing summary and weekly results

I had two Win bets today, with Heez A Dreamer coming home a winner at 2/1 with plenty of 3/1 available during the course of the afternoon on the exchanges.

My only Lay bet today was President Royal in the handicap hurdle at Exeter. He was still a maiden after five starts, and today we saw him stepping up in class, and running in handicap company for the first time. At a price of 11/4 or lower I thought this would be a good lay bet, and indeed the gelding was sent off the 2/1 favourite. The horse won comfortably, and today I got it wrong (albeit for only the third time in 20 races this month).

So at the close of play this afternoon, I had won 2 points backing horses, then lost them both on President Royal. No damage done.

Another outstanding week, even though I say so myself, with just over 45 points profit on the Back-To-Win account. In a very quiet week for the Lay bets account I had just the four bets, with three successful lays and 4 points profit to show.

Profit for the week :- Win Bets 45pts, Lay Bets 4pts

No comments: