Saturday, February 10, 2007

Subbie goes down

The disappointing run of form continued today with my win bets. Two more failed to score this afternoon, and I fear I'm heading for a losing week on this side of the book.

By contrast, although relatively quiet with fewer bets than normal because the bad weather has curtailed a sizeable portion of the racing, this week has so far been pretty good for my lay bets. Another morning line favourite was successfully opposed today, as Spot The Subbie went down at Lingfield. Having won on his last two outings he was as short as 6/4 this morning. However, he was stepping up in class to contest this afternoon's race, and carrying an extra 6lbs since his last win. I thought it was too stiff a task for him, and he finished second to the eventual race favourite. I also suggested going against Ashley Brook in the Game Spirit Chase at Newbury, but although he lost, his price never quite dipped as short as the 2/1 I was looking for, and goes down as a 'no bet'.

A loss of one point overall today.

No comments: