Saturday, February 24, 2007

Valiant Warrior lands the spoils at Lingfield

Another profitable Saturday, with the back-to-win account finishing more than 17 points up. Four bets reached my advised prices, and two of them won, including Wavertree Warrior who timed his run perfectly to get up on the line at Lingfield. The SP was 15/2 but his price was up and down all morning, and you could have secured 11's and 12's on the exchanges.

I seem to have found a groove with my lay bets this month (I'm touching wood whilst typing this entry with one finger!). Today I put forward two morning favourites to oppose, and they both lost. Grand Passion in the Derby trial at Lingfield was the last to finish, but never sank below my advised price, so goes down as a 'no bet'.

I also suggested going against the favourite for the Eider Chase at Newcastle - Teeming Rain. He had never won at this level, and was on his highest handicap mark. This was to be the furthest he had ever raced over fences, and the ground at Newcastle today was really desperate. I thought the task ahead of him was too much, and indeed he was pulled up well before the finishing straight.

Two more points to add to the Lay Bets account, and a total of more than 19 points profit for the day.

On a sad note, I would like to take this opportunity to pay my respects to Truckers Tavern who sadly died of a heart-attack in the Eider Chase. A stalwart campaigner, who but for the legendary Best Mate would have been a Cheltenham Gold Cup winner. RIP.

No comments: