Friday, February 16, 2007

Friday racing summary

A quiet day today, with one placed win bet and my sole lay bet not making a final selection. Mokum finished 2nd in the handicap chase at Sandown. I think we got good value at upwards of 6/1 and he only failed to beat the favourite.

I advised to be against Be Telling if the price fell below 4/6 odds-on. The market actually went the other way so you should have avoided this one if following my advice correctly. The horse had been well clear of the field in a similar event at Huntingdon last time out, and had the race at his mercy when he fell. So it could be argued he had the form to win this race. However, he was raised 7lbs despite falling, and the doubt over his jumping remained. So if I could lay bets against him at well below odds-on then that would have been good value in my opinion. As it happens his price drifted from a low of around 1.7 - 1.8 out to 2.7 at the off, so we never had the chance to get enough value - and this was a profitable decision as he won very easily.

No comments: