Friday, February 23, 2007

Friday racing summary

Today was a lesson in discipline, which saved me from losing 3 points profit. I had no lay bets, but proposed four horses to back. Only the one horse qualified as a final selection, Joli Classical, by virtue of reaching the value price I suggested. It didn't win. The three other horses I put forward also lost, but by having the discipline to only bet when the odds were in my favour, I avoided three losing horses at skinny prices of 7/2, evens, and 6/4

Making a long term profit from betting means limiting your losses as well as picking winners, and today was a clear demonstration of how my approach can add to your bottom line. Everyone has losing days, but the punter whose losing days do not cripple his/her bankroll will probably be the punter making a profit overall.

No comments: