Wednesday, February 14, 2007

Wednesday racing summary

I drew a complete blank today. Three back-to-win selections were available with potentially good returns, but all three lost.

I proposed opposing two race favourites, and although both lost, because they were not offered at low enough prices the risk was too great for me, and I did not bet.

Not a day to write home about, but its just a day. One small piece of a much bigger jigsaw. Today I lost 3 points profit, but to put it into context I have moved the account forward by more than 7 points over the past week. The last 30 days shows a profit well in excess of 70 points! One reason alone to have a betting bank of at least 100 points, is so that a losing day where the account dips by three ticks is of very little concern or consequence. An appropriately-sized bankroll allows you to move forward with confidence and discipline.

No comments: