Friday, February 02, 2007

Timmy Murphy without a paddle

I got February off to a good start yesterday. I had one win bet, and one lay bet. Ever Special didn't live up to his name at Towcester, but at 9/1 and above on the exchanges he was good value all the same.

I managed to get another odds-on hotpot overturned as well. Over The Creek has some good form over hurdles, and also at a higher grade than yesterday's competition. So this was why his price was so short, coupled with the Timmy Murphy/Pipe combination. But, and its a big 'but' in my book, this was his first outing in public over the bigger fences. I think it's wise to be cautious when a horse is making their chasing debut, and at such a short price the lay bet was the shrewdest investment to make. What did he do? He unseated his jockey, and presented me with over 5.5 points profit. Thank you.

No comments: