Sunday, February 04, 2007

Sunday racing summary and weekly results

One win bet today, at Fontwell, where I had a punt on Isam Top at 12/1. Unfortunately it came to nothing, and brings a disappointing week backing horses to win to a close.

The loss was clawed back with a successful lay bet against Kings Quay at Musselburgh. Contesting the class 2 Scottish County Hurdle this was easily his stiffest task to date, with his winning form only at class 4, so I was happy to oppose him. He was sent off the 5/2 favourite and found one horse too good on the day.

This week has been disappointing from the perspective of backing horses to win. I managed only one winner, and made a loss of over 2.5 points. However, my lay bets more than made up for this loss, returning a welcome profit a shade over 21 points. This figure was bolstered by my successful 5-point bet against Skippers Brig (2/7 odds-on favourite on Wednesday) which produced a 17.5 point profit - one of my more inspired bets of late.

Worthy of note (in my humble opinion) was my record-breaking month of January which returned a 94 point profit!!

Profit for the week :- Win Bets -2.5pts, Lay Bets 21pts

No comments: