Monday, February 12, 2007

Monday racing summary

Park Lane Princess was my only back-to-win bet today. Around lunchtime you could have backed this filly at 5/2 before her price came right in to 13/8F. The value had certainly gone by the time the tapes went up, so hopefully a good few of you will have avoided this one. But officially it has to go down as a losing bet.

My good form continues with my lay bets, and I got another three well-fancied horses beaten again today. I was convinced The Local would fail to get his head in front today. He has contested several class 3 handicaps of late, and not found the winners enclosure. Although his handicap mark has fallen accordingly, he was in fact up a pound since his last effort. What convinced me to go against him was a step up in trip that was bound to be exaggerated by the heavy going today at Plumpton. Those who watched the race will have seen the horses practically 'treading water' on the home stretch. Taking a price of a shade under 11/4 available on the exchanges around lunchtime, I laid him 5 points to lose, and he staggered in 3rd.

My two other lay bets were also successful, so a welcome 7 points profit in total, and 6 points overall for the day, taking the loss on Park Lane Princess into account.

No comments: