Thursday, April 12, 2007

Aintree Meeeting ~ day 1

Nothing much to write home about when it comes to results after the first day of the Aintree festival of racing. As can be typical of a festival meeting, the racing was always going to be very open and extremely competitive. This makes it difficult to pin-point winners, and although you can often find a few horses to lay, the prices in close markets are often prohibitive to laying as the risk outweighs the potential rewards. I don't really want to be opposing race favourites at 5's and 6's against the field.

So I only had the one win bet on Liberate in the novices hurdle. I managed to get better than 2/1 on Betfair, but the horse finished a disappointing fifth. One point lost on the day, so no damage done. It was better to reduce our exposure and instead enjoy the spectacle of the racing. I must also say, and call me a Titchmarsh if you will, but I thought the course looked magnificent today at Aintree.

Looking forward to day 2 and maybe a few more opportunities to make a profit.

No comments: