Tuesday, April 03, 2007

Tuesday racing summary

A couple more points lost on the account overall. I had three back-to-win selections and although two came in second, these can only be recorded as losers.

The positive story comes from my lay bets. Three of the race favourites I suggested to oppose were final selections, and two of these duly lost. Count Cougar won at a price of 5/2 on Betfair, but the other two lost and because they were both 2 point bets I more than re-couped my initial loss for a 1.5 point profit.

One of my selections was Efforetta in the class 6 handicap at Southwell over 1m 6f. Although she undoubtedly has the potential to win at this level, having won a class 5 event last year, she was still having only her second race back since the summer. She is 8lbs higher in the weights now, and I felt she was still in need of the run. I was happy to oppose her at 10/3 or below and 3/1 was easily matched on Betfair. She was not given the best of rides by Chris Catlin and although finishing well, she was still 10 lengths down on the winner at the finish.

No comments: