Monday, April 23, 2007

Weekend racing summary and weekly results

Apologies to those who have missed my posts for a couple of days. I've been away for a family week-end, and had the time to get my daily message out from my lap-top, but not a lot of spare time I'm afraid. Spent a fantastic day at Wrest Park in Bedfordshire yesterday. A stately home where they held a St Georges Day pageant in the grounds -- scores of knights-in-armour, a dragon, and St George of course! Kids had a whale of a time, and I would recommend it for next year.

Ahead of my post this evening I wanted to bring everything up-to-speed with an overview of the weekend and the week's results.

As normal, it's proving difficult to find many value opportunities at lengthy prices in this changeover period between the Jumps season and the Flat. With little form to go on it is a challenge to come up with solid bets in the flat races, and I have been scratching around for value in the jumps races. Consequently the selections have been poor, more often than not the favourites in their races, and showing only moderate returns when we find a winner.

On Friday evening I did pinpoint Union Jack Jackson who won at 11/2. Across Friday, Saturday and Sunday the Win Bets returned a profit of around 4 points overall.

I suggested 5 horses to oppose, and in contrast to the month's results so far, three of them went and won. These were only single-point bets and no higher than 13/8 so no real damage dome at all.

The Back-To-Win bets continue in good form, with a profit returned of over 15 points. I anticipate an up-and-down period for a week or three, as we get through to the Flat Season proper. On the other hand, I shall be looking for many opportunities to lay horses, with the form being uncertain in the early parts of the season. This past week the Lay account has turned in a solid 9 points.

Profit for the week :- Win Bets 15.5pts, Lay Bets 9.5pts

No comments: