Wednesday, April 25, 2007

Wednesday racing summary

I was very disappointed to put up such a poor show today. Although my four selections were at healthy prices up to 9/1 only the shortest one at 9/4 even got in the frame.

My only winning horse was sadly also my only lay bet of the day. Malyana won her maiden last autumn, but had not been seen on a track since then. Making her handicap debut today at Epsom she was giving weight away to all but three of her rivals. I thought this would be a stiff task for her first run of the season. She had the run of the race, but looked like being overhauled in the last half-furlong. To her credit she dug deep and just prevailed, taking with her over 2 points of my profits.

So I drew a complete blank today, and gave back over 6 points profit. I shall be looking to tomorrow to iron out the blip in proceedings.

No comments: