Friday, April 13, 2007

Aintree Meeting ~ day 2

Another solid performance with profit coming from both the back-to-win account and the laying account. I had four win bets, with both Faasel and Lankawi finishing in runners-up position in their races, at 6/1 and 10/1 respectively, and Monet's Garden winning the day's feature race.

Monet's Garden gave me my second double-whammy in three days, as I was also laying the hot favourite in the race Well Chief. Although he had all the form at this level of competition, the fact remained that today's race was over 3f further than he had ever raced before. To try a new distance at class 1 grade 1 level surely must represent a degree of uncertainty in anybody's book, yet he was sent off the 4/5 odds-on favourite? At that price I went against him to lose for 2 points profit, and indeed it would seem he did not see out the trip.

5 points profit overall to add to the account. I wonder if we will have a bet in the Big One tomorrow? Good luck to everyone having a flutter in the Grand National, and I wish for all runners and riders to come home safely.

No comments: