Wednesday, April 18, 2007

Silencio makes little noise

Again today the Lay Bets were propping-up the Win Bets, but that underlines the importance of having more than one string to your bow. I suffered two losing win bets, but enjoyed 4 points profit and two successful bets from two on the laying account.

First I showed I was right to oppose the morning race favourite Urban Spirit at Newmarket, before turning my attention to the handicap hurdle at Cheltenham. Silencio was racing off his highest handicap mark, and stepping up in class since his last run. To win today would have required a career best performance, and Cheltenham is never the easiest place to achieve such a feat. All-in-all I thought the odds were stacked against him, and at 9/4 or lower I was prepared to lay bets. This morning on Betfair you could have gotten matched at 7/4

The account has moved forward again to the tune of 2 points by the end of the day.

No comments: