Monday, April 16, 2007

Monday racing summary

More than 4 points profit to show for my efforts today, as both accounts inched forward again. I had four win bets, with Penang Cinta and Imps Way returning home in front.

I proposed two lay bets, was successful with one, and the other horse was withdrawn before coming under orders. Frankie Figg had not come anywhere near winning his three attempts over hurdles, at distances ranging between 2 and 3 miles. Goodness only knows why he was the 6/4 race favourite. Perhaps the market felt he was the best of a bad bunch, but at that price this was a bet that had to be layed. To be fair, with 2 flights of hurdles left to jump, the horse was still swinging on the bridle, and it seemed that all Paddy Brennan had to do to win was push the button, so to speak. Personally, I felt the jockey was too confident and didn't tell the horse to go about his business early enough, and was as much to blame for him losing. Not my concern however, and I would lay the horse a hundred times over at that price. Two more points profit.

No comments: