Wednesday, April 04, 2007

Squeezing every Last Drop of profit

If you can't beat 'em, join 'em. As I seem to be so good at picking losers recently, I thought I would play to my strengths and focus a little more attention on my lay bets. My only win bet was unplaced, but I did manage to highlight three losing favourites and add 7 points profit to the laying account...

...sorry, I was miles away for a moment.. couldn't remember the last time I posted 'add' and 'profit' in the same sentence!

My big lay bet of the day was The Last Drop in the Listed race over 1m6f at Nottingham. His second place in last year's St Leger was eye-catching form in the book, but I knew punters would over-react, and over-bet the horse. The fact remains his only winning form is his class 5 maiden race, and he had been away from the track for 5 months. The horse had the form to win the race, and he very nearly did, but you will never get rich backing a horse first-time out at 5/4 so this was a no-brainer bet to lay. I went against him for 5 points.

6 points profit in all to put back in the satchel.

No comments: