Monday, April 23, 2007

Bid For Gold only secures bronze

A small loss on the account today as three losers wiped out my profit from one winner. These included Bid For Gold who could only manage third place. Classic Role came home in front, and could have been backed at 9/4 during the course of the morning on Betfair. But this still left me the best part of a point down on the day.

The price on my only lay bet never fell as low as the 13/8 I was looking for. Mystic Dancer was contesting his third maiden race, only this time he was taking on a trip some 3 furlongs further than he had raced before. I was hoping the trainer/jockey combination of Stoute and Dettori would have punters piling on and artificially depressing the price, but that didn't happen. I got the outcome right though, as the colt finished fourth more than 6 lengths down on the winner.

No comments: