Thursday, April 05, 2007

Thursday racing summary

A solid set of results today, with both accounts showing a profit. I'm a little disappointed to have missed two winners in Commemoration Day and Homes By Woodford. I put both these horses up as potential selections this morning, but neither reached the value price I was looking for. But, it is important to put these apparently missed opportunities into perspective. The many short-priced losers we have avoided by sticking to my policy of betting to value prices, and the potentially lost profits saved, easily pays for the winners we pass up. Nonetheless, I had two bets today, and of these My Immortal was successful at Ludlow. 9/4 was available on Betfair this morning.

All four of the morning favourites I suggested to oppose came a cropper -- unfortunately only one of these was available at a low enough price to justify the risk of laying her, and that was Dolce Dovo. This filly contested her first season without breaking her maiden, and after more than 5 months off the track I didn't think she would improve first time out. Also her last outing over this trip saw her finish 17 lengths down on the winner. The booking of Jamie Spencer was bound to give the punters a reason to pile in, and sure enough the price sank to 11/10 at the off. I went against her for 2 points and she finished second yet again.

A modest profit of just over 3 points overall.

Don't forget to look out for my latest newsletter in your Inbox over the week-end.

No comments: