Thursday, April 26, 2007

Thursday racing summary

Worthwhile prices were not widely available today, and only two bets qualified as final selections. Krakatau came home in front in the last race of the evening at Southwell, available at 17/2 on WBX before being backed in to a starting price of 11/2

My lay bet was Madaarek who lined up for the class 5 handicap over 10 furlongs at Beverley this afternoon. With two outings under his belt last season, and a 'blow-out' already this year, he was still a maiden nonetheless, and on his handicap debut he was carrying top weight. Stepping up in trip as well, I thought the price of 8/11 was ridiculously short for a horse in a handicap race with no winning form, yet carrying the biggest penalty, and I layed him for 3 points. The market got its money back this time, but we layers did not have to give much back at those prices.

So I gave back some of my profits from Krakatau, but realised a net gain of more than 5 points on the day.

No comments: