Monday, April 09, 2007

Return of the Happy Mondays

One of my horses to follow this morning was Sound Of Cheers, and although the horse was not a final selection, the name was quite apt to sum up the day's racing. As expected, the feast of Bank Holiday racing turned up a good number of betting opportunities. I had ten back-to-win bets, which returned 5 winners at prices from 2/1 up to 8/1 and a somewhat overdue profit of nearly 16 points.

My lay bets returned a further 4 points with two from two bets. Mandurah lined up for the 5f handicap at Musselburgh 6lb above his best winning mark, and giving weight to all but one of his rivals. 2/1 is a short price in any sprint handicap, and I didn't think his form justified such favouritism, so I went against him for 2 points. I was similarly successful in opposing Quai Du Roi also at the Scottish track.

A very pleasing day's work, with just under 20 points profit to show for my efforts.

No comments: