Tuesday, April 10, 2007

Two Little Boys

A small loss to the account today, as I only scored one back-to-win winner from 5 bets. I clawed most of the deficit back with my winner, and also with a successful lay bet, but still ended up a little down on the day overall. My win bet came from Blackthorn Boy who managed to translate his all-weather form to the turf and won by 7 lengths at Fontwell.

Intavac Boy is the only lay bet I am putting on the account today. Wind Star was available to lay at 4/1 on WBX shortly before the start, but I only had £18 matched personally, and I don't think even £500 was traded altogether at that price. With only such a small amount being traded, and so few people being able to take advantage, I don't think it is fair to say it was generally available and post it as a successful bet at that price. So it goes down as a 'no bet'.

Intavac Boy however, was successfully opposed at 6/4 on Betfair. He had never carried this weight to victory before, and was stepping up in class after an unsuccessful first run of the season. To date he has produced only 2 wins from 28 races. So to win today, and he obviously does not make a habit of winning, he would have to improve to produce a career-best performance -- yet mug punters were still happy to take odds as short as 11/8

No comments: