Sunday, April 08, 2007

Sunday racing summary and weekly results

Three horses, and a few prices being not quite what we were looking for, made a huge difference today. "If it wasn't for ifs and buts and maybes" -- isn't that how the saying goes? As it happens I can still post a 2 point profit today, and if I made 2 points for everyone every day I'm sure I would have a very happy bunch of subscribers. So perhaps I should be grateful.

But three runners-up, all at healthy prices? A-a-a-r-r-r-g-h!! Why couldn't just one of them come in first?

All five of my proposed lay selections lost, but only two were at the desired prices. Such a shame the markets didn't go the way I expected, as we were going to get stuck into Shot Gun and Global Strategy for 7 points each at Musselburgh. Back In Business was contesting the novice handicap chase at Plumpton. I felt there were four horses with similar form and chances in this race, and they should each of been around the 3/1 mark. But you could lay Back In Business at 11/10 this morning on Betfair, which was far too short compared to his actual chance of winning, and I went against him for 3 points. Dualagi was also a successful 2 point lay at Musselburgh, so 5 points profit in all.

On the Back-To-Win account this week we have certainly had our fair share of 'close but no cigar' with 7 horses finishing in the runner-up spot from 12 bets (one of these a 14/1 shot), and a loss of just over 2 points for the week. Much better news on the Lay account, with a total of 20 points profit, and 9 from 10 race favourites successfully overturned.

Profit for the week :- Win Bets -2pts loss, Lay Bets 20pts

No comments: