Wednesday, April 11, 2007

Shake On It for the real deal

More consistent profit from my win bets today, and another cracking day bringing down the favourites. I had two win bets, the first being Adlestrop which failed to deliver at Hereford. Shake On It however, figured in a double-whammy in the Maiden stakes at Bath. I picked Shake On It as the value bet against the well-touted favourite Binocular, and when the former came home in front at 7/4 I scored from both bets.

Binocular was having only his second outing in public, a full six months after his debut. Last September he finished fourth in a race of a similar standard, but this time he was stepping up in trip. A horse with no winning form, having his first race of the season, at an untried trip, yet available to lay on Betfair this morning at a shade over 6/4 -- I got stuck in with a big bet of 7 points, and also picked the eventual winner as a bonus! My other lay bet Haunted House was also successful, and by stark contrast to last month these bets are smoking hot at the moment -- more than 37 points in front since the beginning of April.

At the end of the afternoon I had pocketed more than 10 points profit, and a confidence boost moving into the Aintree festival.

No comments: