Wednesday, January 23, 2008

Georgie The Third

A successful 'double whammy' this evening rounded off a nicely profitable day's punting. I had four win bets and found two winners, and added to this with two successful lay bets.

In the maiden race over 7f at Kempton this evening I was not convinced of the chances of Georgie The Fourth. At 14/1 in her debut race she was not fancied to win. She didn't, and I couldn't see any reason why she was the favourite this evening, other than she was expected to come on for the run. I had strong information about the Mark Johnston horse Baron's Court and at 11/2 and better I felt that price offered much better value. It's satisfying when you oppose the favourite and see it overturned (Georgie The Fourth was third), but when you also back the winner, it is more than doubly satisfying.

Over 11 points profit to stash away come the end of play.

No comments: