Monday, January 14, 2008

Monday horse racing summary

An indifferent set of results today, with a small profit from the Win bets but a loss to the Lay bet account. I had two win bets, and found one winner available on the exchanges at 2/1

I chose to oppose Working Title in the class 4 novices hurdle at Fakenham this afternoon. This was to be only his second race, following a win in a class 6 NH Flat race. Apart from the step up in class, today he would be jumping obstacles for the first time in public, so I was happy to lay him for 3 points if I could get matched at 13/8 I struck my bet at 6/4 and watched the race unfold. I couldn't have got it much more wrong, and the horse beat the well-fancied favourite by 25 lengths. I lost four and a half points profit this time, but I was still happy with my motives for laying the horse. I grabbed a point back later, again at Fakenham, by laying Pasagai.

By the end of the afternoon the account as a whole was down by the best part of 3 points.

No comments: