Tuesday, January 22, 2008

Tuesday horse racing summary

I missed posting yesterday, so let me quickly recap Monday's results. Not how I prefer to start the week, I took something of a hit to the account and ended the day 7 points down. This was due largely to laying Dave's Dream at Folkestone for seven points. I re-couped 2 points by laying Nike Walker, but my two losing win bets meant I still had to accept a 7 point dent in the bottom line.

Today made no difference as my win bet lost, as did my lay bet to get that lost point back. Town And Gown was competing in a maiden race over 6f at Southwell this afternoon. She was still a maiden after five starts, and I was happy to put money up at 13/8 or lower to suggest she would fail again. She was backed in to just odds-on at the start, which is very skinny about a horse without winning form. She will doubtless win a race in turn, but I would want much better odds to be tempted to back her, and today she finished third.

No comments: