Saturday, January 26, 2008

Saturday horse racing summary

Inglis Drever's victory meant I made a small profit from backing horses to win. However, I went after Aigle D'Or in a big way to lose, and I came a cropper to the tune of 7 points.

Aigle D'Or ran only his first hurdle race recently, in a class 4 event, and that after more than a year away from a race course. This afternoon he was to line up in a class 1 graded hurdle, at one of the toughest courses in Britain, namely Cheltenham. With little form to read, and with such a big step up in class, I felt there were too many imponderables for the horse to be positioned as the favourite, and I layed bets against him for 4 points. I was proven wrong, and he won his race, costing me 7 points in the process.

A loss of just over 6 points to the account overall this afternoon.

No comments: