Thursday, January 24, 2008

Hurrah for Hora

My account slipped back by more than 4 points today, and my winner Hora at Southwell was about the only bright spot in the day. I had four back-to-win bets, with Hora winning at a matched price of 15/8

I went against Classic Fiddle in the beginners chase at Fontwell. When I saw the horse was trading at odds-on I saw this was a good opportunity to lay. The horse had won at this level of competition in both bumpers on the flat, and over hurdles. But today would see his biggest test to date as he tackled the large fences for the first time in public. The trainer/jockey combination of Henderson and Fitzgerald will have helped shorten the price in favour of the layers. Eventually the horse was backed in to 8/11F but I managed to lay at just a little higher at even money. Today the horse justified the short price and favouritism and won the race, but these are still good laying opportunities to make profit long term.

No comments: