Monday, January 07, 2008

Monday horse racing results

A mixed bag of results this afternoon, which left me around half a point out of pocket when all is said and done. Gentle John was my only winner from four back-to-win bets, but at the exchange price of 9/2 was good value and ensured I made a profit overall. Gentle John had a class 4 event within him, but needed just a little improvement on his performance last Spring to get there. After a couple of fair runs in a higher class during December he was dropped back today, and I felt 9/2 would be a worthwhile price to pay.

I went against three horses at Taunton, and notably for a big 7 points against Group Captain. That particular gamble didn't pay off, but I recouped some of the deficit by successfully overturning Spring Dream, and The Wooden Spoon for 4 points.

You could easily argue we would have been much better off not taking part this afternoon, but I say "Where's the fun (and potential profit) in that approach?"

No comments: